Youtube TV Black Screen Samsung Smart TVJuly 14, 2023
The most effective way to fix the youtube TV black screen on Samsung TV is by clearing the Youtube app cache, reinstalling Youtube TV, and power-cycling your smart TV. If none work you can factory reset, but it will erase all your data and apps.
Power-cycling Your Smart TV
Power-cycling the TV helps clear the cache memory and resolve various issues like black screen, apps not loading, TV lagging, and error message “Can’t Connect Right Now, Try Again, Open Network Settings“.
Step 1: Power Off the TV
First, turn off your TV using the remote control.
Step 2: Unplug the TV
Next, unplug your TV from the wall socket. This is an important step, so make sure you do it safely. If you’re not sure how ask an adult for help.
Step 3: Press and Hold the Power Button
Now, find the power button on your TV. It might be on the underside or the back of your TV, depending on the model. Press and hold this button for 30 seconds. Remember, you need to press the button on the TV, not on the remote control.
Important Note: This process clears the cache memory of your TV. It can also fix many other problems like apps not loading, Cast or Screen Mirroring with Sound But No Picture or TV lagging.
Step 4: Plug the TV Back In
After 30 seconds, release the power button. Now, plug your TV back into the wall socket and turn it on.
Step 5: Check the Date and Time
When your TV is back on, check if it has automatically adjusted the date and time. If it has, that’s a good sign!
Step 6: Open YouTube
Finally, open the YouTube app on your TV and see if it’s working. If everything went well, you should be able to watch your favorite videos without any issues!
Uninstall and Reinstall the YouTube TV App
Uninstall the YouTube TV app:
- Go to the Samsung Apps menu on your Smart TV.
- Find the YouTube TV app and select it.
- Press and hold the Enter key until a submenu pops up.
- Choose the option to uninstall the app.
Reinstall the YouTube TV app:
- Go back to the Samsung Apps menu.
- Search for the YouTube TV app.
- Download and install the app from the Samsung Apps menu.
Sign in again:
Clear Youtube App Cache
To clear the YouTube app cache on your Samsung Smart TV, you can follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your remote to go to the home screen.
- Select the Settings menu.
- Navigate to Support and select it.
- Choose Device Care or Manage Storage (the exact wording may vary depending on your TV model).
- Look for the YouTube app in the list of installed apps.
- Select the YouTube app and press the Down button on your remote to select View Details.
- On the next screen, select Clear cache to clear the app cache for YouTube.
By clearing the app cache for YouTube, you can resolve any issues related to cached data that may be causing the black screen problem on your Samsung Smart TV.
Check Your Internet Connection
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is working properly. You can use your phone to open youtube to see if there is a problem with your internet connection.
- Test your internet connection speed to make sure everything works fine.
Reset Your Router
- Power cycle the router and modem by unplugging both the modem and router from the power source for at least 10 seconds before plugging the devices back in.
- Wait for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and launch the YouTube app to check if the blank screen issue is resolved.
Reset Your Samsung Smart TV To Factory Settings
If restarting your smart TV doesn’t solve the issue of YouTube TV not working, you may need to consider resetting your TV to its factory settings. This should be done as a last resort, as it will erase all your personalized settings and preferences.
Step 1: Navigate to Settings
The first thing you want to do is go to your settings. Depending on what model you have, it may be a little bit different. On most models, you can simply click on the source button on your remote. This will bring up a menu at the bottom of your screen.
From there, navigate to the gear icon on the bottom left. This is the settings icon. To get there, you may need to go down first and then go to the left. Once you see the settings icon, click on enter.
Step 2: Go to General
From the settings menu, you want to go down to “General”. Then, press the right arrow to go to the general side.
Step 3: Go to Reset
From the general menu, you want to go all the way down to “Reset“.
Note: If you click on “Reset”, it’s going to ask you for your PIN. If you never changed your pin, the default pin is usually “0000“. Once you put the pin in, it’s going to go ahead and reset everything and reboot your TV.
What if the Reset Option is Grayed Out?
Some of you might encounter an issue where the reset option is grayed out. If you try to click on the reset option, it might say “this option is not available”. Don’t worry, there’s a way to fix this.
To get out of this situation, you need to go back to the source menu. Then, click on “TV”. Make sure it’s on TV on the right-hand side.
After that, go back to the settings menu. Navigate back down to “General” and then move to the right on the remote. Now, your reset option should no longer be grayed out, and you can proceed with the factory reset.
- Select Support, then Enter.
- Choose Self Diagnosis, then Enter.
- Select Reset, then Enter.
- Enter the PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Yes to confirm the reset.
Youtube TV Black Screen Samsung Smart TV
Yes, YouTube TV is compatible with Samsung Smart TVs. However, the compatibility may vary depending on the model and release year of your Samsung Smart TV.
Why do I have sound but no picture on my TV?
The HDMI cable connecting your TV to the cable box, game console, or other device might be faulty. Try using a different cable to see if that solves the problem.
Can I get YouTube TV on my older Samsung Smart TV?
Yes, you can get YouTube TV on some older Samsung Smart TVs. However, only Samsung Smart TV models released in 2016 or after will support the YouTube TV app. Samsung Smart TVs released in 2015 or before will not be compatible with the app and, consequently, will not have it in their app stores.