How To Fix Youtube TV Buffering On FirestickNovember 24, 2022
An easy way to fix YouTube TV that keeps buffering on Firestick is to clear the cache and clear data. If this method doesn’t work, then we can do several other solutions such as updating or reinstalling Youtube TV, removing applications to increase internal space and doing a factory reset if needed. If the buffering problems also happen on another app, you may check your Internet connection.
Fixing Youtube TV Buffering On Firestick
Update Youtube TV
On 4 January 2022, Google says that the Youtube TV app had buffering issues on Firestick. Some users say that the buffering issue has been fixed on the latest version, so the first step to fix buffering issue is by checking if your Youtube TV app up to date.
To check and update Youtube TV follow this step:
- Go to Home. Search for Youtube.
- Press and hold 3 bars button on your remote.
- On the bottom right you will see some options, choose More info.
- It will open the app info. If the app needs to be updated, there will update button.
Turn on Automatic Updates
- Go to Settings > Application > Appstore.
- Turn on Automatic Updates.
Turning on auto-updates will make sure Firestick using up-to-date apps.
Clearing Youtube TV Cache & Data
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Search for Youtube.
- After you select Youtube, you will see Clear Cache and Clear Data options. Clear data will delete all your Youtube TV data including login info, so you will need login again when opening the Youtube TV app.
Clearing youtube cache & data will reset your Youtube app to default settings and usually will fix buffering and any other problems with the app.
Reinstall Youtube TV
To reinstall youtube TV, you need to uninstall and install it again.
- Uninstalling Youtube: Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose Youtube then choose to uninstall.
- Now go to Home screen, and click on the Search icon.
- Search for Youtube, and install it again. Another way to search Youtube app is by pressing and holding Voice command button on your remote, and saying ” Search for Youtube on apps”.
Remove some Apps to Get More Internal Space
I you go to Go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Storage, you will see Internal Space capacity and current available space. If your storage available space is very low, you need to remove some apps or clear the app cache. Low available space will reduce your firestick performance and may cause some problems including buffering issues on YouTube TV.
To clear some space you clear the app cache or you can remove the unused apps. You can do this using my previous guide above.
If rarely turn off or restart your firestick, you can try to restart it by unplugging it from the wall power socket and plugging it back in. this simple step sometimes can solve any firestick issue.
Factory reset is the last thing you do want to do. It should fix major firestick issues because your firestick will be reset like new. all settings and downloaded apps will remove, so need to download it again after the Factory reset.
To reset Firestick go To Settings > My Fire Stick > Reset to Factory Defaults.
Change Auto Video Resolution Off
Some firestick user success fixes the buffering problems on youtube TV using these tips. It’s a simple step, you just go to Settings > Display & Sound > Display > Video Resolution. Set it to 1080p 50 Hz.
Check Internet Connection
Buffering issues rarely cause by slow Internet issues in the US. Internet speed in the US should be more than enough to stream from Youtube. But if you think your Internet speed is slow, you check using Speed Test Wifi Analyzer – analiti app.
If all solutions above didn’t work, you can contact Amazon Support for assistance.