PS4 Power Supply Repair CostAugust 7, 2023
PS4 Power Supply Repair Cost is dependent on the specific model of your console, with prices ranging from $84.95 for the PlayStation 4 Slim Model CUH-20XX to $179.95 for the PlayStation 4 Pro Model CUH-721X. When comparing the costs of repairs to the prices of new power supplies, which can be found between $45.00 to $57.77, it becomes evident that it might be more economical to replace them with a new power supply rather than repair the existing one. Opting for a new power supply offers advantages such as a fresh warranty, increased longevity, and the peace of mind that comes with using brand-new components, ensuring a smoother and uninterrupted gaming experience.
PS4 Power Supply Repair Cost (Service + Power Supply Price)
When it comes to repairing the power supply of your PS4, the cost can vary based on the specific model of your console. Here’s a breakdown of the repair costs for different PS4 models:
- PlayStation 4 Pro Model CUH-711X: $139.95
- PlayStation 4 Slim Model CUH-20XX: $84.95
- PlayStation 4 Slim Model CUH-21XX: $94.95
- PlayStation 4 Slim Model CUH-22XX: $99.95
- PlayStation 4 Pro Model CUH-701X: $119.95
- PlayStation 4 Pro Model CUH-721X: $179.95
Note: These prices are sourced from eStarland and are subject to change. Always check with the service provider for the most up-to-date costs.
PS4 Power Supply Price for Regular, Slim, and Pro
If you’re considering replacing the power supply altogether, here are the prices for different PS4 models from both AliExpress and Amazon:
|Model/Description||AliExpress Price||Amazon Price|
|PS4 Regular (ADP-240AR)||$45.00 – $55.00||$57.77|
|PS4 Slim (ADP-240CR)||$45.00 – $55.00||$56.29|
|PS4 Pro (CUH-1001A)||$45.00 – $55.00||$57.77|
When comparing prices, it’s evident that there’s not a significant difference between the two platforms. However, always consider shipping costs and delivery times when making a purchase.
Is It Better to Replace the Power Supply Rather Than Repair It?
When faced with power supply issues, you might be torn between repairing and replacing it. Here are some reasons why replacing might be a better option:
- Warranty: New power supplies often come with a warranty, ensuring that if there are any defects or issues, you can get a replacement.
- Longevity: A new power supply is likely to last longer than a repaired one.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that you have a brand-new power supply can give you peace of mind, ensuring smooth gameplay without interruptions.
Important Note: Always consult with a professional before making a decision. They can provide insights into the condition of your current power supply and advise on the best course of action.
In conclusion, whether you choose to repair or replace your PS4’s power supply, it’s essential to be informed about the costs involved. Always consider the longevity and reliability of your console, and make the decision that’s best for your gaming experience.
Sony’s Official Repair Request
Another option available to PS4 owners is to approach Sony directly for repairs. By visiting the Sony Repair Request page, you can fill out a form to request a repair. However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Sending the Unit: You’ll need to send your PS4 unit to Sony for inspection.
- Waiting Time: After sending your unit, you’ll have to wait for a cost estimation before the repair process begins.
- Trust in Brand: Opting for an official repair from Sony ensures that your PS4 is in the hands of professionals familiar with the product.
Important Note: While this method might take longer due to the waiting time for cost estimation, it provides assurance that your PS4 is being handled by experts.
If you are experiencing PS4 won’t turn on, you can try PS4 troubleshooting before you decide to replace your PS4 power supply.