Best Adblock For Crunchyroll Web & App that WorksJuly 6, 2023
There are several AdBlock options available for Crunchyroll on both web and app. Here are some of the best adblockers that work for Crunchyroll: Adblock for Youtube & adblock – Best Ad Blocker. These tools can significantly enhance your viewing experience by eliminating unwanted ads.
Adblocker for Web
AdBlock — Best Ad Blocker
AdBlock is a popular ad blocker with over 60 million users. It’s one of the most downloaded Chrome extensions with over 350 million downloads!
- Block ads and pop-ups: AdBlock can block annoying banners and even video ads on Crunchyroll, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and all your favorite sites.
- Block third-party trackers: This feature protects your privacy by blocking trackers.
- Customize your experience: You can customize your browsing experience with filters, whitelists, dark mode, and other colorful themes.
- Backup and sync: You can backup and sync your whitelists and custom ad blocking rules across your Chrome profiles.
- Fast, friendly support: The AdBlock team provides fast and friendly support, plus a robust Help Center.
Important Note: AdBlock participates in the Acceptable Ads program, so unobtrusive ads are not blocked by default in order to support websites. However, you can easily opt out in AdBlock’s settings.
Adblock for Youtube™
Adblock for Youtube™ is a content filtering and ad-blocking browser extension that blocks all ads on Crunchyroll & Youtube™. It’s particularly useful if you watch Crunchyroll content on YouTube.
- Blocks ads, banner, and popups: It blocks all types of ads on Crunchyroll & Youtube, including those on external sites that load Youtube.
- Prevents preroll ads: This feature stops preroll ads from loading on Youtube.
- Removes annotations: You can also remove annotations from videos and music.
- Loads videos and YouTube website faster: Without the burden of ads, your videos load much faster.
Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker
Ghostery is a powerful privacy extension that has more than 100+ million downloads worldwide. It provides safe, fast, and clutter-free browsing.
- Ad-Blocking: Ghostery blocks all ads on websites you visit with your Chrome browser, including Crunchyroll, Youtube and Facebook.
- Anti-Tracking: Ghostery stops trackers’ ability to collect your personal data, replacing it with random values and anonymizing your identity for data brokers.
- Never-Consent: Ghostery automatically removes intrusive cookie pop-ups and sends an important message to website owners telling them that you don’t want to be tracked.
- Trackers information: Ghostery informs you about the number of trackers, their type, and the company operating them on any website you visit.
- Trackers Preview: Ghostery displays tracker information even before you visit a page on search engine result pages.
Important Note: Ghostery’s core features are free for everyone. You can become a contributor to access extension themes, priority support, and historical statistics.
Total Adblock – Ad Blocker
Total Adblock is a comprehensive tool that allows you to take full control of your online browsing experience. It has over 1,000,000+ users and is known for its ability to block unwanted ads, intrusive notifications, and advertising trackers.
- Block Unwanted Ads & Trackers: Total Adblock removes unwanted ads on Crunchyroll and trackers, providing a peaceful internet experience without any limits.
- Disable Annoying Notifications: With the ‘Pop-Up Blocker’ feature, you can instantly disable annoying browser push notifications.
- Acceptable Ads: Total Adblock gives you the option to manage your own list of websites for ‘Acceptable Ads’.
- 7 Day Free Premium Access: You can experience blocking unlimited ads and trackers on all websites for the length of your allocated evaluation license.
Important Note: After the trial period, you can continue to use Total Adblock free of charge but will require a premium license if you wish to block ads & trackers on popular websites.
Updated Comparison Table
|AdBlock — Best Ad Blocker||Adblock for Youtube™||Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker||Total Adblock – Ad Blocker|
|Blocks ads and pop-ups||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Blocks third-party trackers||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Backup and sync feature||Yes||No||No||No|
|Blocks ads on external sites||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Prevents preroll ads||No||Yes||No||No|
|Loads videos faster||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Removes cookie pop-ups||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Disable Annoying Notifications||No||No||No||Yes|
Block Ads on Crunchyroll iPhone App
One effective method to block ads on the Crunchyroll app is by using an ad-blocking application or VPN app. These tools work by automatically detecting and blocking ads from appearing on your screen. By installing and activating an ad-blocker, you can enjoy ad-free streaming on the Crunchyroll app.
1. Privacy Pro Smart VPN
The solution to blocking ads on Crunchyroll is an app called Privacy Pro Smart VPN. This app works like an ad blocker. Here’s how to use it:
- Go to the App Store: Search for “Privacy Pro Smart VPN” and install it.
- Open the App: When you open the app, it might offer you a free trial. You don’t need this, so just skip it.
- Close the Offer: On the top right, you’ll see a “close” button. Press it.
- Turn On the VPN: You’ll see a big circle on the screen. Press it to turn on the VPN.
- Confirm the Configuration: The app will ask for some configurations. Just say “okay” and enter your code if asked.
- Skip the Extras: The app might offer you some extra features. Just say “not now” to these.
- Check Your Protection: Now, your protection should be on. This means the VPN is working and should block ads.
Important Note: A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, helps protect your online privacy. In this case, it also helps block ads.
Testing the Solution
Now that you’ve set up the VPN, it’s time to test it out on Crunchyroll. Here’s what you should do:
- Open Crunchyroll: Go back to the Crunchyroll app.
- Choose an Episode: Pick any episode of your favorite anime.
- Check for Ads: Remember those white dots that represented ads? They should be gone now!
- Watch Your Anime: Now, you can watch your anime without any ad interruptions!
Important Note: If you still see a black screen where the ads used to be, don’t worry. This just means the ad can’t be shown, and your anime will resume shortly.
2. DNS Cloak
The solution to our problem is an app called DNS Cloak. It’s an easy-to-download app available on the App Store. This app helps to block ads by connecting to a DNS server. Don’t worry if you don’t understand what a DNS server is. Just think of it as a helper that blocks those annoying ads for you.
Step-by-Step Guide to Blocking Ads on CrunchyRoll App
Now, let’s get into the step-by-step guide on how to use DNS Cloak to block ads on CrunchyRoll.
- Download DNS Cloak from the App Store. It’s a free app and easy to find.
- Open the DNS Cloak app. Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it up.
- Click on the three lines in the top left corner. This will open up a menu.
- Turn on ‘Connect on Demand’. You’ll find this option in the menu. Make sure to turn it on.
- Select the server. Scroll down to find the server named
adfree.useableprivacy.netand click on ‘Use this Server’.
- Allow the connection. The app will ask for your permission to connect to the server. Click on ‘Allow’.
- Enter your PIN. The app will ask for your PIN. Enter it to proceed.
- Check the connection. You should see ‘VPN’ in the top right corner of your screen. This means you’re connected to the server.
- Open CrunchyRoll. Now, open your CrunchyRoll app and start watching your favorite anime without any ads!
Here’s a simple table to summarize the steps:
|1||Download DNS Cloak|
|2||Open DNS Cloak|
|3||Click on the three lines|
|4||Turn on ‘Connect on Demand’|
|6||Allow the connection|
|7||Enter your PIN|
|8||Check the connection|
Important Note: The DNS Cloak app might slow down your Wi-Fi a bit, but it’s a small price to pay for an ad-free viewing experience.
Block Ads on Crunchyroll Android App
There are many ad-blocking options available for Android devices. Some of the most popular ones include AdAway, AdGuard, Next DNS, Blockada5, and many others. Each of these options has its own set of pros and cons, which we will discuss in detail in the following sections.
1. Using Private DNS
Private DNS is the easiest and quickest way to block ads on your Android device. Here’s how you can set it up:
- Go to your system settings.
- Navigate to Network and Internet.
- Select Private DNS.
- Choose Private DNS provider hostname.
- Type in dns.adguard.com and hit save.
Important Note: “This method blocks almost every ad found within your apps and websites. It’s easy to set up and has minimal impact on your battery. However, the ad blocking gets applied to your whole system and there’s no way of whitelisting apps or websites unless you turn it off entirely.”
2. Next DNS
Next DNS is another great option for ad blocking. It provides a custom hostname that you can type into the same Android setting as the Private DNS method. The advantage of Next DNS is that you can customize the ad blocking from their website. Here are some of its features:
- Extra security features to stop cyber attacks and threats.
- Different block lists such as Energized, AdAway, etc.
- Ability to block your phone’s OEM from tracking you.
- Parental control section to restrict certain apps or websites.
- An allow list to allow certain domains for apps or websites that you don’t want to block.
- Analytics to keep track of the number of queries that are being blocked and what type of domains are being accessed.
Important Note: “Next DNS doesn’t require you to download any ad-blocking app. However, it charges a fee after you reach 300,000 DNS queries a month.”
AdGuard is a powerful ad blocker that removes the space where the ads used to be, making your articles and websites look cleaner. It also offers various features such as:
- Ability to tell AdGuard which apps to ignore.
- DNS filtering with custom server selections.
- Stealth mode to protect your personal information.
- HTTPS filtering for a better ad-blocking experience within your browser.
Important Note: “AdGuard requires a subscription fee to block ads. It consumes more battery than Next DNS because it’s constantly running in the background processing your internet traffic.”
Anti-Stalker is an app that protects you against apps that listen in on your conversations or send your data in the background. It detects any microphone or camera usage and lets you block apps from sending data. It also has features like:
-Anti-theft alarm that triggers a loud alarm when someone tries to grab your phone or remove it from the charger.
- Permission manager to see which apps have been granted access to the internet, the microphone, etc.
- Route checker to see if your phone is rooted.
- Option to mute your microphone straight from the notification section.
Important Note: “Anti-Stalker is free to download and will significantly improve your phone’s security.”
5. Other Ad Blockers
There are other ad blockers that work similarly and have the same level of accuracy. These include Rethink DNS, Blockada5, DNS66, and AdAway.
- Rethink DNS is completely free with no subscriptions or in-app purchases. It comes with a firewall that lets you block any apps from accessing the internet.
- Blockada5 has a prettier-looking interface with the extra option of letting you choose from a variety of different block lists.
- DNS66 is free to use but hasn’t been updated in almost a year and the UI is outdated.
- AdAway is the OG ad blocker that requires root to fully take advantage of its features. It edits your system host files so that no filtering is required and the app doesn’t need to constantly run in the background.
Important Note: “If you’re rooted, then just use AdAway. It’ll block the ads a lot faster.”
While ad blockers can greatly enhance your viewing experience by eliminating annoying ads, they might sometimes cause issues with the functionality of some websites. For instance, you might encounter a black screen issue when streaming on Crunchyroll. This is not because of an error on the Crunchyroll website, but rather a Chrome browser issue that can occur with any streaming service like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Hotstar, and HBO Max.
Upgrade to Premium Will Remove Ads
Another option to consider is upgrading to a premium subscription on Crunchyroll. With a premium account, you not only gain access to a wide variety of anime and Asian dramas, but you also get an ad-free experience. By subscribing to Crunchyroll’s premium service, you support the creators and eliminate the need for ad-blockers. It’s important to note that while ad-blocking tools provide ad-free streaming, they can potentially affect the revenue that content creators and platforms like Crunchyroll generate through advertisement.
If you want to support the industry, consider watching some ads or upgrading to a premium subscription. Whether you choose to use an ad-blocker or upgrade to a premium subscription, both methods will help you enjoy uninterrupted streaming on the Crunchyroll app. So sit back, relax, and immerse yourself in the captivating world of anime and Asian dramas without any ads getting in the way. Happy streaming!
Does uBlock origin block Crunchyroll ads?
Yes, uBlock Origin can block Crunchyroll ads. uBlock Origin is a popular ad-blocking extension that can be used to block ads on Crunchyroll. It detects ads and makes them invisible, so you can’t click on them or see them. It also tells you how many ads it has blocked on a page. However, there have been some reports that Crunchyroll has updated their ads to bypass uBlock Origin, but this may not be the case for all users. Overall, uBlock Origin is a good option to try if you want to block ads on Crunchyroll.
Does Brave Browser block Crunchyroll ads?
Brave Browser does not always successfully block ads on Crunchyroll. A user reported that they were seeing ads on Crunchyroll despite having their ad blockers and Brave shields up. A member of the support team suggested that these might be 1st-party ads, which Brave generally doesn’t block.