How to Back Up and Restore Entire PS4 to USB Storage Device (Games, Settings, Clips)June 26, 2023
Losing data on your PlayStation 4 (PS4) can be devastating, whether due to theft, damage, or any other unforeseen circumstances. However, with the help of a USB storage device, you can easily back up and restore your entire PS4 system, including games, settings, and clips. In this article, we will guide you through the process of backing up and restoring your PS4 using a USB storage device.
- Connect the USB storage device: Begin by connecting your USB storage device to the front USB slot of your PlayStation 4.
- Access the settings menu: On the PS4 home screen, navigate to the top and go to the right to access the settings menu.
- Select “System” and then “Backup and Restore”: Scroll down to the “System” option, which is second from the bottom, and press “X” to enter. From there, select “Backup and Restore.”
- Choose the backup option: At the top of the menu, you will see the “Backup PS4” option. This allows you to create a backup of your system. Additionally, you can choose the option to restore the system after backing it up if needed in the future.
- Select items to back up: If you already have game save data on the USB storage device, you can choose to restore from that point. To back up your entire system, select “Backup PS4.” You will see various options such as syncing trophy information and backing up applications, saving data, capturing, and themes.
- Customize your backup: If your USB storage device has limited space or you only want to back up specific items, you can select or deselect applications, and save data, captures, and themes according to your preferences. Take your time to decide what you want to include in the backup.
- Confirm your selections: After customizing your backup, confirm your choices by selecting “Confirm” or “Deselect All” if you change your mind about any selections.
- Start the backup process: Once you are satisfied with your selections, proceed to the next step. You may have to add a description to the backup, such as including the date for future reference. Your PS4 will then restart and begin the preparation for the backup.
- Wait for the backup to complete: The actual backup process will commence after your PS4 restarts. The duration of the backup depends on the transfer rate and the amount of data you have chosen to transfer. An estimated time will be provided to give you an idea of how long it will take.
Backing up and restoring your entire PS4 system to a USB storage device is a simple yet essential procedure to safeguard your valuable data. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, you can ensure that your games, settings, clips, and other important information are protected in case of any unforeseen events like your PS4 won’t start or won’t turn on. Remember to regularly perform backups to keep your PS4 data secure and enjoy uninterrupted gaming experiences.